Atherton Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Atherton Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing atherton.qld.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Atherton for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Atherton?
Atherton Galleries and Museums
Atherton is a small town located in the Tablelands of Queensland. It is a popular tourist destination due to its unique geographical location, scenic beauty, and cultural heritage. The region boasts a plethora of galleries, museums and historical venues that provide visitors with a glimpse into the rich history and art of the area. Here are some of the must-visit venues in and around Atherton.
1. The Tablelands Regional Art Gallery: The Tablelands Regional Art Gallery is a hub of creativity and culture in Atherton. The gallery hosts a diverse range of exhibitions throughout the year that showcase the work of emerging and established artists from the region. The gallery is located at 15 Herberton Road, Atherton.
2. The Absolute Art Gallery: The Absolute Art Gallery is a contemporary art space that features an array of paintings, sculpture, photography, and prints. The gallery is open every day and is located on Main Street, Atherton.
3. The Tolga Woodworks Gallery: The Tolga Woodworks Gallery showcases the art of fine woodworking and features handmade furniture, sculpture, and other decorative objects. The gallery is open from 9am to 5pm every day and is located on the Kennedy Highway in Tolga.
1. The Atherton Chinese Temple Museum: The Atherton Chinese Temple Museum is a Taoist temple that was built in 1903. The temple is now a museum that offers visitors a fascinating look into the history and culture of the early Chinese settlers in the region. The museum is open from 9am to 4pm daily, and it is located on the corner of Herberton and Grove Streets, Atherton.
2. The Pioneer Museum Herberton: The Pioneer Museum Herberton is a charming museum that is dedicated to preserving the history of the Tablelands region. The museum features numerous exhibits that depict the early days of the region, including old machinery, household items, clothing, and photographs. The museum is located on the Kennedy Highway in Herberton and is open from 9am to 4pm daily.
3. The Mareeba Heritage Centre: The Mareeba Heritage Centre is a large museum that chronicles the history of the region. The museum features numerous exhibits on the area's Indigenous people, early pioneers, and the mining and agricultural industries. The museum is open seven days a week from 9am to 4pm and is located on Byrnes Street in Mareeba.
1. The Cairns Railway Station: The Cairns Railway Station is a stunning historical building that was built in the early 1900s. The station served as the headquarters for the Cairns-Kuranda railway line, which was built to transport goods and people through the rugged terrain of the Tablelands. Today, visitors can take a scenic railway journey from Cairns to Kuranda and pass through some of the region's most spectacular landscapes.
2. The Tinaroo Dam: The Tinaroo Dam was built in the 1950s to supply water to the region's growing population and agricultural industries. The dam is located on the Barron River and has since become a popular recreational area for fishing, boating, and water sports. The dam is also home to a large number of bird species and other wildlife.
3. The Hou Wang Temple: The Hou Wang Temple is a historical site that was built in the 1870s by Chinese immigrants who were brought to the region to work in the tin mines. The temple is located in the town of Atherton and is the only remaining Chinese temple in North Queensland. The temple features ornate carvings, vibrant frescoes, and intricate decorations, and it is a fascinating glimpse into the cultural heritage of the early Chinese settlers in the region.
the region of Atherton in Queensland, Australia, is a treasure trove of galleries, museums, and historical venues that offer visitors a unique glimpse into the area's rich cultural heritage. From art galleries to museums to beautiful historical sites, there is something for everyone in this beautiful region of Australia.
Atherton Galleries and Museums Articles