Atherton Local Services
Atherton ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Atherton site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Atherton Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Atherton When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Atherton Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Atherton Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Atherton ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Atherton and a Place to Meet
The atherton.qld.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Atherton
Atherton is a picturesque town located in the tropical Tablelands region of Far North Queensland, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about Atherton and the surrounding area:
1. The town of Atherton was originally known as Priors Pocket, named after a local settler. The name was changed to Atherton in 1886 in honor of John Atherton, a pioneer settler in the area.
2. Atherton is at an altitude of 752 meters above sea level, making it one of the highest towns in Queensland.
3. The Atherton Tablelands are home to many unique animal species, including the endangered tree kangaroo and the Lumholtz's tree kangaroo.
4. The area is also known for its coffee plantations, with the Atherton Tablelands being one of the few regions in Australia where coffee is grown.
5. The landscape around Atherton is dotted with volcanic crater lakes, including Lake Barrine and Lake Eacham, which are popular tourist destinations.
6. The Curtain Fig Tree, located just outside of Atherton, is a natural wonder that attracts visitors from all over the world. This enormous fig tree has grown around a host tree, creating a unique and beautiful natural structure.
7. The historic town of Herberton, located just 20 km from Atherton, is home to the Herberton Historic Village, a living museum that showcases the town's history and heritage.
8. The Atherton Tablelands are a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with opportunities for hiking, camping, fishing, and bird watching.
9. The region also has a rich cultural heritage, with a significant Indigenous population and a history of Chinese settlement dating back to the gold rush era.
10. Finally, the Atherton Tablelands are known for their stunning natural beauty, with rolling green hills, pristine rainforest, and crystal-clear waterfalls that are sure to take your breath away.